Lighting Dwarf hairgrass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fisher12

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a t8 shoplight resting on my aquatium. It has a t12 6500k daylight bulb in it. (Purchased wrong one, gonna use this one for now). What effect is the wrong bulb having or is it alright? I planned to get a t8 6500k daylight but is this enough to keep my hairgrass alive and carpet? If not is there anything i could use in my t8 shoplight? Thanks

What size is the tank? Even a t8 might be abit weak for hairgrass

55 gal. What light would you recomend?
55 gal. What light would you recomend? Was looking on amazon at a nicrew led. Its only $45 , which is about what id lime to spend. I have an amazon sword, planed dwar hairgrass spread about, small patch of baby dwarf tears, water wisteria, anabus nana. All recently planted in eco floruite/gravel mix. Co2 dose daily or every other, and i use leaf zone

55 gal. What light would you recomend?

55 gal. What light would you recomend? Was looking on amazon at a nicrew led. Its only $45 , which is about what id lime to spend. I have an amazon sword, planed dwar hairgrass spread about, small patch of baby dwarf tears, water wisteria, anabus nana. All recently planted in eco floruite/gravel mix. Co2 dose daily or every other, and i use leaf zone

If u plan to grow hair grass you'll need something like a finnex planted plus or a chihiros A series in a tank that size. The dwarf baby tears will melt away to nothing without co2 injection (preasurised) it's more of a high tech plant. The rest would be fine under 2x t8's . Generally carpet plants need higher lighting and co2 but I have seen hairgrass grown without co2 before.

55g is a decent sized tank so the lighting won't be overly cheap. Probs somewhere around the $120 mark for a decent fixture.

Back
Top Bottom