Lighting help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dirtydan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 29 gallon planted tank with mostly low light plants however I have a few (not sure which type) that require some better lighting. I'm willing to convert to a new lighting system but at the lower end of the price scale. I can spend up to $150 but the cheaper the better.
What kind of equipment and lighting should I be looking at?
Can any of you lovely folks provide some links to some products or offer up your own advice or experience from a personal setup?

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Please note that in planted tanks, the light is the keystone to the whole set up. It all starts with LIGHT. Research and ask and get the best light you can afford. Not so much the gadgets, which are nice, but the Par value and frequency most suited to the plants. I have seen so many people in here that spend an additional $100 to $300 on another light when they realized the cheaper one they got was not taking them where they wanted to go with plants. Unfortunately they are one of the most expensive outlays to a planted tank. I speak from personal experience. LOL. OS.

Check out Current Satellite LED's, Finnex Fugeray II, BML LED's, or Aquaticlife T5HO Flourescents. Brian_Nano12g is a good person to ask about lights here in AA. OS.

Back
Top Bottom