Lighting ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austin.b

Aquarium Advice Addict
In my 10G, I have 2 15W bulbs on a cheap hood and an 8W fluorescent 10,000K bulb. What kin of lighting intensity is this? Thanks

At least medium, possibly into high light. The fluorescent is probably largely unnecessary as the 15w cfls will be throwing a lot light.

aqua_chem said:
At least medium, possibly into high light. The fluorescent is probably largely unnecessary as the 15w cfls will be throwing a lot light.

Oh really? I thought the flourescent was the nessacery(sp?) light lol the 15W's are the cheap ones that's why I thought they were really bad.

View attachment 74391

I can't tell from the picture what temp the bulbs are. I assumed they were plant appropriate bulbs. An 8w T8 isnt going to make much of a difference really.

aqua_chem said:
I can't tell from the picture what temp the bulbs are. I assumed they were plant appropriate bulbs. An 8w T8 isnt going to make much of a difference really.

No, sadly they aren't even for planted aquariums. They're incandescent bulbs that's all it says. :(

aqua_chem said:
If you get good cfls, your lighting should br covered. What are you wanting to grow?

I just want medium light, right now I actually have some anubias, ludwigia, java
Moss, African water fern, Lobelia, lucens, crypts, and surprisingly dwarf baby tears. The DBT has been alive for about 3 weeks now and it's doing ok. Do you recommend any specific CFL bulbs?

aqua_chem said:
You will also need your low range pH solution, but yes. Out of curiosity, where did you buy it?

Il lhave to google that, I don't know what I is lol I bought it on eBay actually it was $5+$2 shipping. My lfs sells it too. If you need some I could always pick some up for you from my lfs:)

There were other people looking for some a little bit ago. If I wanted to make it, I have a .0001 accurate scale at the lab I could use.

aqua_chem said:
There were other people looking for some a little bit ago. If I wanted to make it, I have a .0001 accurate scale at the lab I could use.

Oh wow lol that's pretty cool

Back
Top Bottom