Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweets1023

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 10 gallon cycling atm and I would like to have a few live plants in there with a few silk plants that I already have. I'm not all that experienced with Live Plants so I was just curious if this light that I already have was suitable for a couple of low-light plants like Java Fern and maybe some Anubias (Anubias nana etc..).

Its the light that came with my the 10 gallon kit that I used a year ago for my African Clawed Frog (he's now housed in a 20 gallon long ^,^). On the back of it it says:

-20" Flourescent
-120 volt
-18 watt
-60 hz

In the ACF tank I had a couple of Anubias nana which seemed to do fine and grew pretty quickly. I'm not really expecting it to be suitable, but if it is then great.. =) less money for me to spend. I figured I might as well as before I go out and buy a new one.

I'm not looking to grow an aquatic jungle or anything :) .. just enough to keep the plants alive and healthy.

Lol ^,^. thanks though, I'll probably upgrade eventually when I finally find a new home for my ACF and turn the 20 gallon long into a planted community. So thanks for the tips :D

I'm not looking to grow an aquatic jungle or anything :) .. just enough to keep the plants alive and healthy.

i was at the same position when i started...
you will change and want an aquatic jungle like me...

if you do look into fertilizers and CO2 injection as well as a good lighting

i was at the same position when i started...
you will change and want an aquatic jungle like me...

if you do look into fertilizers and CO2 injection as well as a good lighting

Oh! I would LOVE to have an aquatic jungle :) but I'm going to wait untill I'm in my own place. I plan on eventually upgrading everything to my 20 gallon long and going all out on that one ^,^

Back
Top Bottom