lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crittergal

Aquarium Advice Regular
After hearing and seeing my new adventure of trying my hands at live plants in my tanks ,my sister in lwas wants to try some in her 10gal to she if she can grow them also. But my question is she said is doesnt have the same top like I do. I have florescent with plant (65000) bulbs in them and she said hers is screw in bulbs (incandescent) . She was wondering if those bulbs walmart sell (by aqua culture) called aquarium plant growth . They are 15 w/120 v Would 2 of those bulbs work for her 10 gal tank or is there any other bulb that is incandesent that she would need to get. She doesnt want to buy new top if she doesnt have to .I told her to hold off doing anything until I hear back from my advice board (LOL)

If not at walmart then home depot. They're basically the same bulbs, but the word "aquarium" usually doubles the price of things.

EDIT: Also, I have two 13w bulbs in a 10g, and it's actually a nice amount of light. Wisteria goes bonkers, crypts are happy, etc. Very little algae.

sometimes the regular household CFLs don't fit very well in some of the stock hoods, the narrow ones I linked work great though, the biggest thing is to be sure you get something in daylight (usually around 6500k-ish)

sometimes the regular household CFLs don't fit very well in some of the stock hoods, the narrow ones I linked work great though, the biggest thing is to be sure you get something in daylight (usually around 6500k-ish)
Quote for importance! As jeta said, the regular bulb won't fit but I know for a fact they make the sunlight bulb in a small size.

Back
Top Bottom