Lighting timers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WBAC88

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I work all the time and have been leaving my lights on too long. Does anyone have a light timer they recommend? Preferably pretty cheap? It would be such a big help, thanks.

I got a digital that has 20 time slot settings, I put a 3 way splitter on it to run 3 tanks, works great, has a battery backup and everything, 17$ at my hardware store!

Tank Light Timer

So I work all the time and have been leaving my lights on too long. Does anyone have a light timer they recommend? Preferably pretty cheap? It would be such a big help, thanks.

Hello W...

I use Marineland. Less than $10.00 a piece and a splitter at Ace $2.00. Some of the timers have been working nearly 10 years.

B

I got a $10 dual plug in one at Walmart that has worked well. I bought a couple of Brinks ones for $5 there and added a splitter for $1 at the Dollar Tree store. Both are working fine. Lowe's had a power strip with surge protection and built in timer for around $25. I believe it could handle 8 devices. I got the pull pin kind. They are cheaper than digital and work just as well. My power goes off a lot and the digital ones would have to be constantly reset.

I got mine at walmart. I think one was $3 (single outlet) and one was $7 (double outlet). They are meant for like lamps and stuff, so they are fine for aquariums, and so much cheaper than buying them from an aquarium store.

What one is it?

image-3143191218.jpg

It's a woods brand, really great if you'd like to break up your lighting schedule. For instance on 6:15am off 7am( cause I'm crazy and have to check on fish before work) on 3:30 off 10(for plants)

I have the Woods kind as well. They work well and have a battery back up that holds time when the power goes out. I have found certain fluorescent fixture cause them to reset by themselves. When this happens its a good indication that either a starter, bulb or both needs to be replaced.

I have the Woods kind as well. They work well and have a battery back up that holds time when the power goes out. I have found certain fluorescent fixture cause them to reset by themselves. When this happens its a good indication that either a starter, bulb or both needs to be replaced.
Same one? Hasn't happened yet but I will certainly make note of that! Good to know(y)

Back
Top Bottom