Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_fish_man

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When I came home tonight. I had some worms to feed my fish. When I went to my aquarium only one of the lights were on. So I looked at the light that wasn't on and it had a short circuit. Which melted part of the bulbs(it was a double light). And so I only have one single bulb. And don't have the money to get another light. And it isn't a plant light either. Will my plants be okay? It might be a month before I can get another light.
Thanks

It would be helpful if we had what type of light/wattage/kelvin rating of the bulbs as well as tank size and types of plants.

:)

72 gallon
Plants
1big amazon sword
Scarlet temple
Ludwigia Arcuata
Something that looks like frill but is more circular
And one more but I have no idea what it is I can post a pic tomorrow.
And for wattage my light says nothing just brand

think thats a 28w bulb. thats really low light and with half gone they prob wont do too well. worst case you can run to walmart home depot and pick up some shop lights in the mean time. they are cheap and will add more light.

I would suggest getting some cheap shoplights (like a couple atleast) until you can get a better light. 28 watts over your tank isn't going to do much for the plants, sadly. A few of them need alot of light to thrive.

You can get single socket lights with aluminum reflectors at home depot for 8 bucks a pop. Just buy 3 or 4 and pop in a few 26watt CFLs.

Hey I managed to get enough money to order a 48" 4 x 54 Watt T5 HO Catalina light. But it will take about 1 week to get here do I need to upgrade my shipping? Or will my plants be fine for 1 week?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom