Lights I have

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdrpeirce

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 60 gallon tank and just starting live plants. Plant newbie.
I currently have a T5 high output light that has one T5 flora sun HO bulb and one T5 ultra sun HO bulb. I have gravel substrate. I just purchased eco complete. What level plants will I be able to grow?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a 60 gallon tank and just starting live plants. Plant newbie.
I currently have a T5 high output light that has one T5 flora sun HO bulb and one T5 ultra sun HO bulb. I have gravel substrate. I just purchased eco complete. What level plants will I be able to grow?

Watts per gallon is not accuate, but....How many watts are we talking here? two 54 watt bulbs?

18-24"

Both 54W. One is 6500K and the other 5000K

Here are my bulbs.

Attachments

• 1399337917832.jpg
    1399337917832.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 61
Well you are close to 2 watts per gallon. That's pretty good. Just a thought, if you have room, you could add a Finnex Ray2 to the top for added PAR.

While the bulbs do make a difference, what's more important to T5HO is the quality of the reflectors and if it's a single reflector over both bulbs or a reflector over each bulb. What's the fixture make and model?

It is the T5 high out put dual fixture.

Brian is asking about your reflectors and make/model of light fixture. If anyone can tell you about how good the fixture is.....it would be him.

Se-42348 is the model #

It looks a reflector over each bulb then small blue led bulbs between the reflector.

It looks a reflector over each bulb then small blue led bulbs between the reflector.

OK, that is a SOLARMAX 2X54W fixture. I am going to say that I think you have a pretty good fixture, especially with individual reflectors over each bulb. I would say Moderate light plants. I am sure someone with more lighting experience will chime in soon.

OK thanks what would be my light purchase if I transfer to a 150 gallon. I plan on switching to eco complete.

......next light purchase.

What would you recommend if I transfer to a 150 gallon and eco complete.

Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom