Like a kid in a candy store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well since the last time I posted pics I have upgraded my lighting to a 65W CF Coralite 6700K. Started DIY CO2 and added amazon swords, ludwigia grandulosa and alternanathera rosaefolia. I think it looks a lot better. How about you? All opinions welcome I think its come a long way.
I have also been EI dosing with dry ferts from greg watson.

Attachments

• ludigia_and_alt_166.jpg
    ludigia_and_alt_166.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 41
I do have to get in there and fix the background. I'll do it at the next PWC. Then it should look really good.....I hope.

Thought I'd add the only good shots I've gotten of any fish. So one of a Poleatus Cory and an Oto feeding upside down. Go figure

Attachments

• oto_396.jpg
    oto_396.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 48
  • poleatus_cory_287.jpg
    poleatus_cory_287.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 75
The tank is looking very good.

This thread reminds me of my 28 gallon tank. I started with low light, then added more light and DIY CO2 like you have.

My next move was to get rid of my HOB filter and replace it with a cannister. I then replaced the substrate with a more natural looking one. Next was a better way of dissolving the CO2 and then onto a pressurized CO2 system. (I can see your future)

It's like your reading my mind. I'm already looking at the Rena XP2. That way when I finally give in and buy the 55G with Eco complete substrate and pressurized CO2 I'll already have the filtration. Uh Oh I can feel my wife giving me the stink eye as I write this. She seems to have a problem with me spending lots of money when all she gets to do is watch.

Well it's been a while since I revisited this thread and once again there are mores changes. The evil neon blue substrate is gone and so is the castle. I have now gone for a much more natural look with Eco Complete for a substrate. The difference was immediately apparent in the plants.
I basically tore the whole thing down. I got a 15G Rubbermaid storage tub and siphoned off about 75% of the water into it. Then I hooked up my HOB filter and heater in this tub as well. Caught all the fishies and took the plants and castle out and I was on my way.
Cleaned the whole tank and put it back together like a new setup.

Here are the results.

Hmmmm how long until I get the 55

Attachments

• eco_complete_in_816.jpg
    eco_complete_in_816.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom