Lily pad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Aquaforce

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just purchased a lily pad that has barely sprouted it's roots and a few small baby leaves, have had it for about 2-3 weeks, I gotta say I'm very impressed with the growth rate.

1488080668267.jpg

Attachments

• 1488080668267.jpg
    1488080668267.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 56
Looks good! I'm about to use one in my tank aswell. They look great reaching out through a group of green stems :)

I like them too. Add nice contrast to the tank. Will get nice color with fe.

Meh, looks like I'm going to be getting some assassin snails here soon since I just discovered an snail explosion of, I believe are pond snails.

Assassin can be prolific breeders as well rather have the ponds.

They can multiple pretty well yes. Then your stuck with them and limiting future snails. Smashing them feed the snails too. Loaches and puffers dont always fit into everyone stocking desires/needs. Trapping is imo the best option.
Pond snails are great scavengers. I make sure I have some in all my tanks.

They can multiple pretty well yes. Then your stuck with them and limiting future snails. Smashing them feed the snails too. Loaches and puffers dont always fit into everyone stocking desires/needs. Trapping is imo the best option.
Pond snails are great scavengers. I make sure I have some in all my tanks.
I do enjoy the one I have currently but what number of snails is considered an "invasion" ? Lol I have a 55 gal, I have 6 angelfish - 4" BN pleco and lastly around 27 bronze corydoras + 1albino

I do enjoy the one I have currently but what number of snails is considered an "invasion" ? Lol I have a 55 gal, I have 6 angelfish - 4" BN pleco and lastly around 27 bronze corydoras + 1albino

Loaches eat snails? Also a puffer def wouldn't be an suitable tank mate from my opinion? Due to my current setup?

That was my point. Alot of people want to throw something in the tank to eat them. Many times it's not a viable option. The snails are not a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom