Liquid carbo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

F.Sam

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone!

It's been nearly a year since my 11 gallon tank is up and running!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405334596.294199.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405334613.508912.jpg

I am very fond of the little underwater world I have created (it's definitely not a masterpiece but it keeps me busy!)

About 3 months ago i added the two little bunches of hemianthus (dwarf baby tears), but they're not particulary spreading out... I'm dosing 1ml of easy carbo everyday and 5ml of profito each week! My question is: can i up the dose (to help my hemianthus), or will this affect the fauna and/or flora?

Flora include:
- 3x anubias nana (3 new leaves on each plant per week!!!)
- 1x anubias barteri (1 new leave every two weeks)
- 3x amazon swords (planted in one bunch)
- 1x hygrophyla (species unknown)
- 2x hemianthus
- 1x marimo

Fauna include:
- dwarf gourami
- cardinal tetra
- kuhli loaches
- otocinclus
- unknown microrasbora

I do weekly water changes of 30%!
Any help or comments would be appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey Bud,

I've did some research on my lighting and it appears I have the following:

- F15W/GRO — Sylvania Lighting Solutions

Since I got the little tank from my uncle, the lamp inside it is still the same (pretty old, but still works like a charm)

I noticed you're making a nanoscape with hemianthus and that you've planted them in supersmall bunches. I had a really hard time with planting them, so I kinda peeled as much as the rockwool off as I could, which made it easier to plant. Maybe this is another small detail that I should have mentioned

How tall is the tank? I would say that light is not strong enough to make HC carpet. You could upgrade lighting (but then would have to upgrade your fertilization and carbon supplementation) or you could get plants that are more low-light friendly such as crypts, java ferns, and moss.

My tank is only a 11g, so not really tall either! I'm guessing around 30 cm tall!

Maybe it's the way I planted them? I left some of the rockwool still on because i had great difficulty planting it.. I also planted it in one big clump!

But then again, i have fairly easy plants like anubias and java! Maybe hemianthus was a little out of my league! It is slowly creeping now, like a snail that moves one millimeter every three days lol :D

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom