Liquid co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhavik95

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking of starting to dose liquid co2 to my tank and I was wondering what I should get?

I've got a 200 litre tank that I will be dosing to.

I wanted to go for something that's fairly cheap and I had a look at 2 one is API CO2 booster and easycarbo

I know the dosage for easycarbo but I don't the dosage for api co2 so could someone help me out with that and could someone suggest which one of these is best to go for?

Thanks

The API CO2 Booster dosage should be on the label. It is usually added once a week, though some use it daily.
The active ingredient in EasyCarbo, CO2 Booster, and Seachem Excel is a substance called Glutaraldehyde (or glut for short). It is also found in a sterilizing solution known as Metricide 14. Available online, this product is a much more cost effective source of glut. It is an effective short term algae killer.
It should be pointed out that certain plants (valisneria, anacharis) and invertebrates are sensitive to the products listed above.

Do you know roughly how much the dosage is for api co2 booster?
I will probably end up dosing daily as I'm pretty sure co2 only last in the water for about 12-24 hrs no?

I think I will stick with the bottles that are ready made for me ATM just to see how my plant react and see if it actually works for me

So how of the 2 which one would you recommend?

I mean at the moment I have 3-4 Amazon swords, 2-3 jungle val and 1 crinum
I had a look at val melting and I have seen people say that it doesn't affect their vals so I'm not sure :/

Do you know roughly how much the dosage is for api co2 booster?
I will probably end up dosing daily as I'm pretty sure co2 only last in the water for about 12-24 hrs no?

I think I will stick with the bottles that are ready made for me ATM just to see how my plant react and see if it actually works for me

So how of the 2 which one would you recommend?

I mean at the moment I have 3-4 Amazon swords, 2-3 jungle val and 1 crinum
I had a look at val melting and I have seen people say that it doesn't affect their vals so I'm not sure :/

Either product is fine. Dose below the recommended daily (pretty sure both are the same dosage). Maybe half dose to start? Your vals are going to hate it to begin with so start low and work your way up to full dosage.

I also have a look at tnc carbon and neutro carbon as well

How well do these work and would they be cost effective?

I also have a look at tnc carbon and neutro carbon as well

How well do these work and would they be cost effective?

To be honest no liquid co2 is cost effective. If you want cost effective co2 then get pressurised. Sure the initial cost is over $120 but a tank lasts me 4 months and $20 to fill. Dosing excel daily id be looking at 10-$15 a week.

Yeah I know but at the moment I think I would rather start off with liquid co2 and work my way up as this is the first time I am going to be adding co2 to my tank just want to see if it's worth it

I just need to know which one would be the best liquid co2 to get out of the above

Metricide has highest AI and most bang for your buck

+1 for metricide. It's the cheapest option by far. However if you want a shop brought one then they all basically have the same make up so whatever is cheapest will work fine.

Also I have a potassium defi so I was thinking of getting some dry fert of potassium I just wanted to ask how much of it would I need to add to the tank?
It's a 100g dry fert and how much water would I need to dissolve it and then add to the tank?
It's a 200 litre tank

Hello, I myself have a 60 gallon (227 liters) planted aquarium, and use Api Leaf Zone, and Api Co2. Yes it is costly, but cheaper for me than pressurized Co2. I get the API co2 of Amazon its much cheaper there. API leaf zone you dose 5ml per 10 gallons once a week. And the API Co2 you dose 1 ml per 10 gallons everyday. After I started using these 2 products my plants grew much better, in fact they brought a dead rotten plant back to life.

Hi thanks the reply i think i will end up buying the api leaf zone hopefully it will end up working for me! Does the product just contain potassium?

also i wanted to ask i was thinking of getting 100g dry fert potassium as i have a potassium defi but just wanted to ask how much of this would i have to dissolve in tap water and how much would i have to add to the tank daily?

thanks

Hello, I don't know much about this stuff because I am fairly new to aquariums, but the API leaf zone has Soluble Potash 3% which is Potassium, and it has .10% iron. This should help your aquarium. I've heard that you have to use both the Co2 and the leaf zone because if you only use one of them you will have algae growth. I can tell you from experience, i used only the leaf zone for a month because it was cheaper haha but noticed a huge algae spike. After buying co2 it stabilized to a much better degree.

Back
Top Bottom