Live Assorted Aqua Plant Bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well that's good to hear! Keep an eye on them, and let's see what happens! :)

Why not keep a log of the growth? Like week 1- 1 foot week 2- 2 feet etc ^^ and write down any problems, the water parameters, temp, and water pH level too ^^

Yeah! And I'll see about getting myself some as a fertalized above water group and update as well! :)

I think I will try that also, how will you accomplish this part of the experiment? Remember to get the same type of bulbs as the previous ones. I will pick mine up on tuesday

I'll have a HOB tank, to keep the water going through the roots, and I'll have fertalizer by the time I get the bulbs ^^ how quickly do they grow roots?

It will be interesting as to how fast they will grow. The first time I moved the bulbs (about four days) the onions had roots already. The other plant showed roots after seven days. I can't get this plant to stop growing. It has some type of flower that has sprouted above the water line. I will get pictures of this tomorrow:)

Here are some pictures. Its hard to get good photos of that plant the flower stalk is almost two and half foot long!!!

ForumRunner_20120318_133052.jpg

ForumRunner_20120318_133126.jpg

ForumRunner_20120318_133126.jpg

ForumRunner_20120318_133149.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120318_133109.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120318_133109.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 96
Which one is the giant flower stalk? I can't really see much ing the pics, they're blurry :/ put a blanket on so you stop shivering! :) I'm not sure how soon I can get my pack of bulbs but I'm sure I'll have some by next week!

I just picked up another pack of bulbs from wal-mart. The first set didn't do very well. I hope these ones do better

Doesn't it say on the box that toucan have dead bulbs replaced though? I thought it did, unless I'm thinking of something else

this is a little off topic but would you mind telling me what kind of substrate you are using, what kind of lights, and if you are dosing it with nutients.
Thanks

I am using pool filter sand, API root tablets, and a coralife light fixture with two 75 watt 6500k bulbs

I think it says on the back of the package that if the bulbs don't grow you can send them in for new ones

Alia258, here are some better pics of that flower stalk, hopefully my shakes are less noticeable:)

ForumRunner_20120318_234920.jpg

ForumRunner_20120318_234840.jpg

ForumRunner_20120318_234857.jpg

Currently treating my tank for Ich. Since I'm leaving the lights off, I've moved the bulbs into a vase and am keeping them on the deck so they can get some light. Still have some of that gooey fungus stuff occasionally, but I just rinse it off under the faucet. No sprouting yet!

Back
Top Bottom