Live plant questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kclskates

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just want to know more about what's going on in my aquarium now that I have put live plants in it.
They have been in there for about 2months. I have 2 18" life glo lights. I also add Kent marine pro plant to the water when I do my weekly changes. I add less then recommended too.

I do have fancy goldfish and they seem to eat some of the plants but they grow still.

Ever since I started this I notice a weird growth on the walls of my tank. It looks like algae but more whitish and it jiggles a little bit. Before the algae was green and didn't move around.

I started feeding them fruits and veggies about 2 months as well so I'm not sure what's been going on in my tank and if its ok for the fish.

Thanks for your info. I will do that and see if it helps. I'm sure it will, cause I don't vacuum the rocks enough or change the water. My tank is over stocked so I really need to get it together.

Ok. I assume I can find those at a local fish store. Is the kent marine pro plant that I add important to plant growth? The less chemicals I can put in my water the better. Maybe I'm wrong? What is the best way to obtain a heathy aquarium for fancy gold fish with live plants? I have been getting help from AA about my fish tank too and I now know that I'm way overstocked and need to make major changes. So I'm sure that will help with that weird growth on my walls

Thanks for all help

Back
Top Bottom