Live plants on Ebay??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hb3133

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with buying plants off Ebay? Is it something worth my wild or should I stay away?

it all depends who u buy them from. most are from sinagpor which is bad becasue they usually dont make it through shipping unless u pay out the but for it. if u can find a person selling them on ebay that lives near u i would say its worth a try. there are many online plant dealers that have amazing selections and are really not that expensive. look into www.aquariumplants.com. i have heard good things about them. i am sure others will chime on with a few good ones aswell. the way i see it though it u may pay a few dollars less on ebay but u have a better guarentee with an plant dealer. u may also want to look onto www.aquabid.com it is similiar to ebay but specifically aquarium related. i know there are a few people on here that will reccomend u to a few different sellers. i hope that helps.

I've been working with someone selling plants on eBay who seems very reliable. S/he has answered numerous questions, usually within a couple of hours of my email. Of course I have no idea what the plants will look like, but they have a very good positive rating. One of the things I do when looking to buy something off eBay is to look at the sellers feedback score and then review the individual comments that have been left from buyers - if the seller / store has multiple types of items you can click on the actual auctions to see exactly which item(s) the buyers purchased.

I'll be planting my order at the end of next week - s/he is special ordering a few things for me. I'll leave info after I get the plants. If you want to know the name of the seller PM me - since I've not yet made the purchase I'm hesitant to put the name of the seller into this post as it might be taken as an endorsement (which I would only give after I see the plants).

and don't forget our plant exchange section here. many members freely trade plants or will send you clippings for the cost of shipping, usually under $5 for USPS priority mail.

Back
Top Bottom