Look at what happens when you don't trim your plants (PICS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumFreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey Gang,

Well I didn't get Week 8 pics up last week because I went to Vegas for my batchlor party... Not only did I forget to take pics but I forgot to trim my plants for the past 5 days and just look what happened!!!

http://www.aquariumfreak.com/90gal_journal/90gal_6_28_04.htm

Things just got a little out of control... Think I'll be trimming these puppies tonight before they block out all the light :D

Hope you all enjoy the new pics.

Jeff

Thats awesome, makes me wanna try a freshwater planted, I've considered it and have good luck with reef. Oh no, I feel the urge to start another tank, the wifes gonna kill me!

Wow I wish my plants grew like that... maybe they will after I get my co2 set up atleast I hope so.

I really liked the jungle look too but it started blocking the light so my glosso started to grow tall so I had to do some trimming.

Speaking of glosso... How do you trim it???

Might need it!!!!

Not sure what would happen if I just went in there with my snippers and just lowered it... would the leafs grow back?

Not sure what would happen if I just went in there with my snippers and just lowered it... would the leafs grow back?

Thats exactly how you trim glosso, just snip it off at the desired height, or perhaps a bit lower. If you don keep up with it you end up having to uproot it and replant just the tops, cuz the bottom leaves get shaded out and die off.

Oh yeah, by the way, the tank looks AMAZING!!!

200 kudos to AquariumFreak !!! :!: :!: :!:

Back
Top Bottom