Looking for a colorful small schooling fish for 90gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. This is almost has hard as shopping for a car. LOL

I'm going to try 15-25 harlequin and 30-40 glowlight tetras.

Very excited. I think their colors and shapes will make my tank pop!

Thanks everyone. I'll post in a few days.

You are very correct. I've finally chosen the Harlequin Rasbora(30) and CPD(15). At what quantity and rate do I introduce them to the tank? My LFS has these in stock.

My theory is if you buy them all at once they all go in together. Same tank and they came from the same place so I don't see a problem

IME you will not see much of the CPDs if you keep them with larger schoolers like the harlequins. I've tried it in a 45 gallon heavily planted tank with furcata rainbows, cardinal tetras, and rummynose tetras, and they were so shy that the other fish outcompeted them for food and the CPDs slowly died off.

CPDs are better suited to smaller tanks IMO, based on my experience with them. I couldn't keep them alive in a larger tank, but I've bred them in a 10 gallon. If you want to try CPDs (or Boraras, or some of the Microrasboras) I'd suggest a small tank with plenty of plant cover. They'll show a lot more color and activity. I personally would not go larger than 20 gallons with a group of CPDs.

Thanks. They have great color. I have 10 Harlequin from yesterday and will eventually have 30-35 Harlequin and 15 CPD. So excited, this is my first tank in 22yrs.

I'll take my chances, but thanks. Special ordered so I'm SOL anyways. I'll make it work.

I keep white clouds and I think they are a pretty fish and pretty hardy.

Back
Top Bottom