looking for a good grass-like or low bush plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillyZ

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking for a good grass-like or low bush (1-2" height) style plant for my 20 gal tank.

I saw some pics, that I, of course, cannot find again, of some tanks with a moss like grass plant covering the majority of the bottom of a tank and I loved how it looked. Searching store sights I can't seem to find anything that fits what I'm looking for.

I would also like to find a small, bushing plant that perhaps grows in 1-2" diameter clumps...

anyone have any suggestions for plants that would fit my desires? My tank has moderate lighting right now with 2 20watt NO bulbs. And I'm going to be making a DIY CO2 bubbler soon.

Thanks folks!

What about Hair grass? Check out Aquabotanics. They have a link to a really cool 180 gallon tank in Australia by Rohan Taylor that has awesome hair grass in the foreground. To get there at Aquabotanics site check out the "stem/bunch plants and oddities" then click on the link at Moneywort that says: "More on Bacopa". Then click on the link to Rohan's Aquaria!!!

You will then open to this beautiful 180 gallon fw tank with designs and names of plants, photos, startup pics etc. You'll be glad you checked this site out. It is a really stunning, beautiful tank. Also, aquabotanics is a cool plant source with great/ fast service. :D Betowess

Thanks for all the input everyone!

I deffinitly like the looks of Glossostigma but I don't think I could supply it with what it needs. Seems like the dwarf hairgrass is also a little high on the requirements list. Right now it looks like the Java Moss is in the lead :wink:

as I stated above, its a 20gallon, two 20watt NO flourecent bulbs. Gravel substrate with 20oz of Laterite mixed in. Tank has a few fish and I dose with leaf zone once a week.

If I add a few packs of Java Moss does anyone think I'll need to suppliment my tank with anything else?

almost forgot... as soon as i can find a hose nipple I'll be making the 2-liter bottle DIY CO2 bubbler and let the bubble flow into the intake of my HOB filter to let the filter mash the bubbles for me.

Any additional THoughts?

thanks a ton!

Back
Top Bottom