Looking for some clippings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuantumCranker

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if any of you guys with heavily planted tanks would be willing to send me any of your trimmings to try and get going in my tank.
My tank is 55 gal with 80watts of 6500K NO lighting. I used a 55oz bag of laterite when laying the substrate. I also have a yeast CO2 system running. (see this thread http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=59199 ) I have a melon sword and two crypts (wenditi and license). The melon sword is doing absolutely amazingly. It has a new leaf about every two days and what I believe is a bud in the center. (also visible in the other thread) The crypts are doing fine as well except for a touch of meltdown on the "wendy" each has a flourish tab underneath. Anyway, we are trying to do this on a bit of a budget and I just thought that maybe based on what I have told you, you would be willing to send a few clippings of your excess that you think would work so I could try it out before blowing wads of money on expensive mail order plants that don't make it. I would even be willing to pay shipping if you like.

TIA
Randy

I'd be happy to send you some limnophila sp. and some Ludwigia Repens cuttings, but I've never shipped plants before and I don't really have the time to do it this week! What's the best way to ship plants? BTW both of these plants to reasonably well in low light, only effect is slower growth rates.

When I ship plants I:

1. use USPS Priority mail, as it's $3.85 per pound, and I can keep it under 1lb.
2. the receiver pays $4 shipping, and whatever I decide to charge for plants
3. wrap the plant in a paper towel, then wet the entire towel
4. stick it in a small Ziploc bag
5. I try to put a little padding aroudn the bag once it's in the box...but it depends on how full the box is.

You can also wrap the paper towel in a sheet of newspaper, and wet it as well...particularly if its a longer trip.

Back
Top Bottom