Looking to Start Aqua Planting :D Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JesseMessykinn

Aquarium Advice Freak
I looking to Start Plating my Tank, I have a Few Java Ferns and Java Mos(On the Way). Right now Im Using a Stock Lid, with a Extra Light On the Front. Pushing Around, 30 Watts.

Im looking to get a new Light. I say this one on a Site: Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting

I herd Odyssea has Rough Wrap But Willing to give it a Try.

It Might seem Much for a Light Planted Tank, but Maybe Willing to kick it up a Notch.

Im New to Plants and Was Wondering if this is a good starter?

I have a 29 Gallon Tank with 2 Small Powerheads and a DIY Co2 Gen.

Advise?:fish2:

make sure u attach the java ferns to DW, or rocks............

what DIY co2 are using? a link?

don't use odyssea, they had a rep. for causing fires........they say they have fixed it, but i don't trust them.............

It had a bad rep for a while but it seems like it's been fixed and I know a lot of people who have them and have no issues.

If it was still causing fires and whatever no one would be buying them and there would be lots of reports/recalls.

I have a few oddysea fixtures, and even an oddysea tank that has been fine, do you know anyone personally who has had a brand related fire? It's cool to give out warnings but if it's just hearsay behind it then it's not much more than gossip.

make sure u attach the java ferns to DW, or rocks............

what DIY co2 are using? a link?

don't use odyssea, they had a rep. for causing fires........they say they have fixed it, but i don't trust them.............

The Good old pepsi bottle, Suger, Yeast. :) Had it going for about a week. Doesnt seem to be Hurting the tank at all. (Yes there is a Check Valve)

One more thing, I say on the Same site a light Fixture that Uses all LEDs. Could you use that for Growing plants?

yes, and no. if its cheapish, prob. not

the only good LEDs currently for growing plants are super expensive($250+), but save quite a lot of money in the long run........

k, that should be fine.......how r u diffusing?

I have a Glass Diffuser on the way, But I Rigged it with a Cotton Swab. It is making Super tiny bubbles, which then suck in to the power head. There is a part on the powerhead that I can run the tube right in to but im scare it might make a siphon. :/ :hide:

+1^

you should have a check valve on any DIY Co2 system

you do realize that it could easily backflow, and then if you shake it, it will explode

you are basically making an actual bomb when doing DIY co2.........regular Co2 systems are just much safer and a bit better quality;) only maj. difference

+1^

you should have a check valve on any DIY Co2 system

you do realize that it could easily backflow, and then if you shake it, it will explode

you are basically making an actual bomb when doing DIY co2.........regular Co2 systems are just much safer and a bit better quality;) only maj. difference

Yeah I Looked into it Before I made the DIY Co2 I keep a eye on it, and Check it Everyday.

I Def Wanna get a Co2 System, but Theyre up there in Price. I Honest Dont want a Super Planted Tank. Just a mild one.

This is how it looks atm. I Want to Cover the Boat with moss, and Remove the Large cave. Also intend to Changed the Gravel to sand. Only Worry is my Horseface loach, and plants. Any ideas for sand, just send me a link.

Attachments

• PICT1287.jpg
    PICT1287.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 52
JesseMessykinn said:
Yeah I Looked into it Before I made the DIY Co2 I keep a eye on it, and Check it Everyday.

I Def Wanna get a Co2 System, but Theyre up there in Price. I Honest Dont want a Super Planted Tank. Just a mild one.

This is how it looks atm. I Want to Cover the Boat with moss, and Remove the Large cave. Also intend to Changed the Gravel to sand. Only Worry is my Horseface loach, and plants. Any ideas for sand, just send me a link.

Pool filter sand is great and cheap! Also, i agree, co2 is definatly up there! Do you have any bigger tanks coming soon?

JesseMessykinn said:

You could use dirt a way cheaper route and plants will grow better

sand looks the best. I'd do black sand, maybe the blasting sand you can find locally. If not, go for pool filter sand which is around $10. If you want to spend $15 more, go to home depot and get the black tahitian moon sand, looks AMAZING! super crystal black and super fine..........

if you want cheap plant substrate, check this out............;)

AquariumPlants.com's own: Freshwater Plant Substrate

works well

Back
Top Bottom