Low light 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShubunkinLover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Been going for a few months now, no CO2, 1wpg...

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

Oh yeah, any suggestions for the hair algae?

Heres its original set up

6588color-med.jpg

You've made a lot of progress, tank looks great!

I've head Rosy Barbs like Hair Algae, but I don't know from experience. Rainbow Shrimp might also help.

That is a beautiful looking tank. Rosy Barbs or, if you are lucky, American-Flag Fish would take care of that hair algae.

from what i've learnt the secret is to match the plants with what equipment you have, for example, if you only have 1WPG then choose plants that need less or 1WPG, i failed on the first couple of plants i tried because i didnt research properly, i think im slowly getting the hang of it now (at the basic end of things) I spent a good couple hours choosing plants and researching on other sites etc the plants a got the couple weeks ago are growing well.

there are some fantastic looking low light tanks :)

Yes, a successful tank has plenty of research done in advance (or along the way :) ) to ensure the plants have the best growing conditions.

So what do you do to maintain this tank? Any fert dosing? I'm thinking of converting from hight light to low light. I've just about had enough growing algae!

Carolyn

Back
Top Bottom