Low Light Background Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattei

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20g tall tank (low light) and so far I have the following plants:
- 1 Anubias Nana
- 1 Anubias Coffeefolia
- 3 Java Ferns
- 1 Crypt Wendtii Red
- 3 Small Bunches of Jungle Val

My question is what other low light background plants could I put into my tank as the vals only cover a small portion of the background. The rest of the plants are mainly midground plants and it is making my tank look a little too tall. If I had some more background plants Im sure it would make everything a lot nicer. Just don't know what my options are.

vals are a good background plant it just takes time for them to spreed. they do get tall i have had 4 foot vals before. i would spreed them out. got a pic of the tank?

001.jpg

The plants are relatively new, and not many fish in the tank yet. The flash from the camera makes everything look a lot more orangy yellow.

how about spreeding the vals out a little more so it looks more full? they will send out runners once it takes root.

Turn off the flash and use a tripod : ) Colors will look more correct plus you won't have that shiny flash reflection on the glass any more.

alright cool, I didn't know if I could add one to my tank, but I'm gonna go pick one up soon.

mattei, ur along the lines of what I would like to do for the same size tank. Couple questions, what is your substrate? what is the wattage of your lights?

thanks,

J

Besides VALS, what are some other options?

Amazons are one, I am not impressed with the way vals look.

Gamer, got any low light packs for sale?

I am rescaping my tank and want some of your gems for it.

Crypt retrospiralis get pretty tall. Ours are growing up nicely in the 120.

Back
Top Bottom