Low light LED - Current Satellite LED Plus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoppingtetra30

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im currently running a 75 gallon low light setup. I have 2 48" 40 watt T8 fixtures with Hagen Life Glo bulbs. They are All-Glass fixtures and seem to have really good reflectors. My plants are doing EXTREMELY well; everything I have put in there grows like crazy, so Im quite satisfied. Im currently just dosing 1 cap-full of Flourish and Excel per week.

I was in my LFS the other day and the guy was trying to up-sell me on some HO fixtures and a CO2 setup...Im really not interested in moving to that kind of setup right now, BUT, I really liked the looks of a fixture he showed me...the Current Satellite LED Plus.

What I really like is the different light settings, and the lunar lighting which would help with some light shy fish I have and let me see in my tank at night.

After doing some reading it seems that maybe I would need two of these to get close to the lighting I have now...is that right? Especially to get a good spread from front to back in an 18" wide tank? Would I maybe be better off/able to just use the PRO version? Its seems to have about double the output, plus I like that its programmable, but I still dont know about the spread.

Maybe I could somehow add some lunar lighting to my current setup and that would work as well?

After doing some more reading I think I would really like to swap to the Satellite Plus PRO at some point. I just really like the program-ability. What I really need to know is would a single light be enough for an 18" wide 75 gallon heavily planted with low light plants?

Back
Top Bottom