Low light plants 7600k LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bayo

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is consider a low light plant? I have a Fluval Edge 6gl tank that comes with 21 LED 7600 high luminosity LEDs. is this consider a low light?

It might be a silly question but I am new on this.

For this type of lighting, what type of plants do you recommend?

Is it good to put plants while the tank in cycling?

Thanks!

What is consider a low light plant? I have a Fluval Edge 6gl tank that comes with 21 LED 7600 high luminosity LEDs. is this consider a low light?

It might be a silly question but I am new on this.

For this type of lighting, what type of plants do you recommend?

Is it good to put plants while the tank in cycling?

Thanks!
What's the wattage? It doesn't matter that much, but if it actually is 21 watts, you could be up to medium light.

The 6,700k rating is a plus. Low light plants include Anacharis, Java Moss, Java Fern, Cryptocorynes, Anubias, Blyxa Japonica.... the list is pretty long. So if you look for low light plants and you find one you like, ask about its care, we will help ya as best we can. I'm pretty new to this too, but I have done my homework. Remember that plants do eventually need fertilizers, but I did without ferts (Short for fertilizer) for a few months. My plants slowed growth, and new plants were dying. I got Seachem Flourish, and they did a lot better. They're not doing to swell anymore, so I'm gonna get the essetial macronutrients they need. I'm getting Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate, and Mono Potassium Phosphate.

Hope I helped!!

What's the wattage? It doesn't matter that much, but if it actually is 21 watts, you could be up to medium light.

The 6,700k rating is a plus. Low light plants include Anacharis, Java Moss, Java Fern, Cryptocorynes, Anubias, Blyxa Japonica.... the list is pretty long. So if you look for low light plants and you find one you like, ask about its care, we will help ya as best we can. I'm pretty new to this too, but I have done my homework. Remember that plants do eventually need fertilizers, but I did without ferts (Short for fertilizer) for a few months. My plants slowed growth, and new plants were dying. I got Seachem Flourish, and they did a lot better. They're not doing to swell anymore, so I'm gonna get the essetial macronutrients they need. I'm getting Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate, and Mono Potassium Phosphate.

Hope I helped!!

I just realized that my LEDs are 3watt

I just realized that my LEDs are 3watt
Each? Or all of them in total are 3 watts? If all it puts out is three watts total, you may have to forget plants.

BUT, if you actually have 21 LEDs total and they are each 3 watts, you may consider medium light plants.

phoenixkiller said:
Each? Or all of them in total are 3 watts? If all it puts out is three watts total, you may have to forget plants.

BUT, if you actually have 21 LEDs total and they are each 3 watts, you may consider medium light plants.

7x 3 watt LEDs aren't going to cut it for medium light... Low light plants should be fine. It also depends on the reflectors and position of the light, relative to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom