Low-light plants and high-light plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Planterjonas

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it possible that I can keep high light plants with low light plants? Right now my tank has low light plants with a finnex ray 2. I've been looking into ludwigia and rotala. Is it possible that they can be in the same tank? I am also currently dosing flourish excel.

Is it possible that I can keep high light plants with low light plants? Right now my tank has low light plants with a finnex ray 2. I've been looking into ludwigia and rotala. Is it possible that they can be in the same tank? I am also currently dosing flourish excel.

Of course you can, as long as you have enough light for the high light plants. Can you give some more info about your tank? What size is it? Are you dosing co2 (I'm assuming not because you're dosing excel)? Are you dosing anything other than excel?

Of course you can, as long as you have enough light for the high light plants. Can you give some more info about your tank? What size is it? Are you dosing co2 (I'm assuming not because you're dosing excel)? Are you dosing anything other than excel?

I have a 5.5 gallon planted tank. There's also a finnex ray 2 for lighting and standard topfin hang on the back filter. I don't dose co2. I have pics on my thread I started, so check it out, thanks

Yes you can keep high and low light together as most low light plants flourish in higher light. One thing tho is that low light plants like Anubia's if not kept in a shaded place in high light tanks will often have algae problems because of their slow growth.

Back
Top Bottom