low maintenence plants for 55g (no CO2, noob)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And you don't rinse the eco, just put in the empty tank, then slowly fill. The eco comes in a bag of liquid, that's why it's expensive shipping from most places. Put in the eco, push it around til you get the layout you want, then add water. Your water will stay cloudy for a day, maybe 2, but clears up nicely. And the top of the eco will be dusty for a few weeks, but the dust will settle down deeper into the gravel. So for the first few weeks you might see some of the bottom fish kicking up some dust, but that's ok. Doesn't hurt anything. My gravel is 100% Eco, and I love it. Easy to work with.

meh im not goign to have fish for a while, doing a fishless cycle. prolly just go with the eco alone, nice it doesnt have to be rinsed...how long do the beneficial factors of eco last? am i going to have to change this stuff out every now and then.

If you have fish that poo, eco lasts forever. I believe it helps hold the nutrients for the plants to use. Plus it's a good source of iron and a bunch other minerals.

wasup with aquaplants charging 22.00 for 20lb for shipping in the USA and that is free shipping, but yet international is only 13.00 boo boo boo

They do free shipping because they raise the price of the eco. If you look at bigalsonline, it's cheaper, but then you have to tack on shipping, making it more expensive.

kaz said:
wasup with aquaplants charging 22.00 for 20lb for shipping in the USA and that is free shipping, but yet international is only 13.00 boo boo boo

now go take your international bags for 13 and add shipping. i would have spent to go the cheap bag way, and still ship inside u.s. with the least expensive shipping option and spent 130.24 (now imagine international shipping charges...yeah i dont think we get a boo boo boo anywhere there)

the boo boo is that why dont they charge 13 for the bag regardless where it is going, and charge correct shipping cost, that means you would pay 13bucks and free shipping, there is no free shipping your paying the shipping its the illusion of the free shipping at 22.00

big als shipping though for 100lbs is only eleven bucks.
$75.01 to $100.00 $10.95
17.99 x 5 89.95 plus 10.95 = 100.90 now thats not bad

22.00 x 5 = 110.00

and I understand that it used to cost 26bucks thank god they lowered it.

kaz said:
the boo boo is that why dont they charge 13 for the bag regardless where it is going, and charge correct shipping cost, that means you would pay 13bucks and free shipping, there is no free shipping your paying the shipping its the illusion of the free shipping at 22.00

big als shipping though for 100lbs is only eleven bucks.
$75.01 to $100.00 $10.95
17.99 x 5 89.95 plus 10.95 = 100.90 now thats not bad

22.00 x 5 = 110.00

and I understand that it used to cost 26bucks thank god they lowered it.

Incorrect there. Eco is a heavy Item:

Heavy Items
Heavy items do not fall into our regular shipping fee schedule; additional shipping charges will apply.

I just ran through Big Al's with Eco for 100lbs, 5 bags.

Cost: $89.95
Shipping: $78.00
Total: $167.95

this is correct, I clicked on heavy item and the post I did before poped up I didnt think it was the reg cause I clicked on heavy item but i kick my self in the behind for assuming.

wolf do you know exaclty how much one of the bags you recieved weighs?

nope i got three in one box, it was a heavily packed deformed box but they got three in there lol

so i finally got everything..now all i need is a tank and a stand...yup..
lol

maybe this weekend ill get one

was gonna get this sedona setup at the local lfs, but the guy wanted to be a d!ckhead so ill pass, prolly just go with another red oak stand.

When I got my 5 bags, I had 3 boxes, 2 in each of 2, and one in the 3rd. Then when they sent the other 5 that were on backorder, was the same, 3 boxes, 2 in each of 2, and 1 in the 3rd. Never did get a box with 3 in it. Bet it was really heavy, lol.

Back
Top Bottom