low or no tech planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look up information on the Walstad Method. Haven't ever used it myself but others on here might have.

If you keep it outside ya. Idk why you would want no fish or just sunlight. Maybe 2 sell?

Interesting question and ill give you the straight answer first yes you can. Now the long answer if you have no fish than you can pump more co2 and dont have to worry about fish dieing also some ferts that would be harmful to fish well you could use them too. And last but not least cost if you dont have any fish you dont need any fishfood. And last but not least the shrimp aquarium tons of people have things other than fish in planted tanks. Think of it as an extention of you. You know who you are you know what you like and get creative and put passion in your tank and you might surprise yourself.

One more thing though i forgot to mention algea may be a problem with just sunlight dustinsfishtanks on youtube has a video he grew a carpet of baby tears in a tank in his backyard but the water looked kinda nasty but who would complain if it gets you a java moss wall

One more thing to consider is seasonal changes in light intensity. During the summer months the light intensity from the sun is very very strong and plant growth will be incredible.

However as the seasons change so does the intensity of the light from the sun (very noticable here in Canada!)

Even through a window you may notice a difference in plant growth and overall health as the seasons change and the light intensity changes.

Just my thoughts based on my experiences :)

Back
Top Bottom