Low Tech Plant Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaTetra

Aquarium Advice Freak
In my 37 gallon I decided to get plants awhile back- the baby tears died, and at first my red jungle vals melted, but they came back great. Now they are melting again. I just have the basic LED lighting that came with the aquarium, no CO2, in gravel fert pellets.... My pennywort is thriving at the top, and my java fern is looking good although the first generation of leaves is dead. I also have one crypt that has tripled in size and one that has only grown one new leaf...I want to get it fully planted with things that will make it very green. This week I'm putting a cool piece of driftwood- I can grow an anubias on it right? I kinda want something with the frilly anacharis look too, but they always rot at the bottom and float up for me. Anything similar? I'll get a sword to grow half under the driftwood, but any other recomendations? P.S. diatoms seem to do pretty well in my tank but my new clown pleco is taking care of that, surprisingly.

Also are you using any ferts for the water column or excel? Would you be open to using any?

Back
Top Bottom