Ludwigia repens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYgiantsRP

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some rotting dead leaves on the top of the plant. Should I cut them off ? Or just let them be? It's a medium light tank with nothing added.

You could remove the dead leaves, Your tanks probably needs some nutrients, repens needs iron. When I added iron to mine the underside of the leaves were always vibrant red.

You do need to cut off any dead/dying leaves or stems. You also need to find what is causing it. So what is your lighting and how long do you run it daily? Do you dose any ferts? If so what kind? Do you use liquid carbon or CO2 in the tank? Do you know your nitrate and phosphate levels? Are other plants in the tank having problems or is it just this plant?

I just got the plant. I don't add anything and dont Want to. I spent two years and to much money on trying to get plants to grow perfect with ferts, root tabs, liquid co2 and so on with no results. So I have a new plan...I just put them in and if they don't grow I get rid of them. I have the light on a timer for 8 hours a day. Anacharis, melon sword, cabomba, and wisteria are all growing great. I was just wondering if the dead leaves will prohibit new growth.

Back
Top Bottom