Madagascar Lace Plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that is an outstanding plant. what kind of requirements does madagascar lace have?

Very rich substrate. The problem with Madagascar Lace is that they need to be provided a dormant period after their flowering period. You need to drop the temp to around 65 and decrease the lighting period. Not normally an easy task when you have anythihng else in the tank. They'll typically last a year or so before you start to see deterioration. You can rotate them out to a smaller tank to satisfy this need.

Bearfan, I think you are correct. I have qanother tank in my basement that should work for the rest period. Still researching on my part, but enjoyinying that plant a lot! I have another one only 1/4 of the size of this one, tryinh to get it to get some big leaves. It looks plenty healthy, just much smaller than other one.

If you have a separate tank that can be used for the dormant period, I know people that have a four set rotation to keep them where you rotate one set every three months. This seems to keep them healthy and happy. It's a little intense for most people, but it's the only way I have seen them kept for over 1 year in premium condition.

Back
Top Bottom