Magineland Aquatic Plant Led Light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pschmitt

Aquarium Advice Freak
After investing most of my money and time in my 29 reef, I decided to do something more with my 40 gal tank. Currently it's running two t8's and has plastic plants and some driftwood. Looks ok, but want to start replacing the fake with real plants. Obviously need to improve my light fixture and was looking at that unit (Marineland Aquatic Plant LED Lighting System w/Timer: LED Aquarium Light Fixtures). Anyone have any experience with that unit, color? The other option would be to go with t5ho's?

I would go with t5hos or a different LED fixture. The LEDs on these fixtures are very underpowered at 1W and no optics. The par at depth in a 40b would be abysmal. You can do far better for the money.

If you want to do LEDs, I would look at taotronics on eBay for a budget fixture.

If you want to go t5HO fish need it;lights; food;Sponge sells some great t5ho fixtures for a really decent price. The bulbs aren't the best that they come with, but you have to replace them every 12 months anyway, so you can then go for the Giesemanns at that point :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom