Making the move to dry ferts - Flourish comp as trace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hububalli

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
So far I have done pretty well using all the great info there is on this forum. I found answers to all my questions apart from one.

I am moving on to PPS-Pro from using Seachem's range. I would like to use the rest of my bottle of Flourish Comp up as a trace mix (which apparently is acceptable to do?) I am not sure about the dosage though. PPS requires daily dosing so should I take the Flourish Comp max weekly dosage, and divide it by 7? (5ml per 250L twice a week, so 10ml per week per 250L or 1.43ml per day per 250L) or is there another recommendation?

Thanks for any advice you can offer

You can use the rest of the Flourish comp. Dose the macro dry ferts daily and use the Comp weekly or bi-weekly according to the directions on the bottle. You do not need to use it daily as you do dry ferts. I also encourage you mix nitrates in one dosing bottle and phosphates and potassium in a 2nd dosing bottle. Often times you don't need to dose much nitrates depending on what you tank normally runs at. By having the macro ferts split up you can dose according to what you tank needs. Planted tanks run well on 10-20ppm nitrates and 1-3ppm phosphates.

You can use the rest of the Flourish comp. Dose the macro dry ferts daily and use the Comp weekly or bi-weekly according to the directions on the bottle. You do not need to use it daily as you do dry ferts. I also encourage you mix nitrates in one dosing bottle and phosphates and potassium in a 2nd dosing bottle. Often times you don't need to dose much nitrates depending on what you tank normally runs at. By having the macro ferts split up you can dose according to what you tank needs. Planted tanks run well on 10-20ppm nitrates and 1-3ppm phosphates.

Ok thats great info thanks. I get about 15ppm nitrate out my tap so that is a good idea.

I will be starting my new regime tomorrow, so I will let you know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom