Marimo moss balls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are a blessing to your tank, and will help balance your chemicals. I have one in each of my tanks, and they are splendid!!! I recommend having at least one in any tank you have. :)

Any imput about "tribbles" :p i wanna get one but i dont really have alot of info on them.

"There's always a bigger fish." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Link to a webpage: How to take care of marimo balls.

They are a type of algae that naturally grows in a lake in Japan and can also be found in Iceland and a few other places.

They are extremely easy to take care of, unlike other plants. Just give them a little bit of light once in a while to keep them healthy and green. Roll them over once in a while to help them keep a round shape. And if kept alone, you can put them in a bowl or vase with regular tap water, which you should change every 1-2 weeks. If kept with fish, make sure the fish won't eat plants. And do what you normally do with fish: change 25% of the cycled water every week.

And that's pretty much it. You don't need to inject CO2, or add any dirt or fertilizers. They are super easy.

Back
Top Bottom