marineland plant LED?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marineland Aquatic Plant LED Aquarium Lighting System with Timer, Aquarium LED Lighting for Sale Online | PetSolutions

has anyone ever used this product? I want to put it or some thing similar, with timer, lunar on my 55 gal. Its not a high tech, no c02, just liquid carbon and ferts. Would this light be TOO much for a no c02 tank on a 55?

First off, I have not used this product. But, you can get a high quality light for less money. May I recommend 1. one Finnex Fugeray planted Plus and one Finnex Ray 2 for the 55; or 2. A Build myl led fixture: www.buildmyled.com; or 3. Two Kessil A360WE Tuna Sun fixtures. I have a Finnex Planted plus on a 10 gallon tank (love it), I also have a Kessil A150WE Amazon Sun on a 35 gallon Hex tank, and two Kessil A360WE Tuna Sun fixtures on a 55 gallon. I will not kid you. Kessils are expensive, but they are the best IMO. Having said that, Finnex makes an excellent light...better than Marineland IMO. But I am sure others will chime in with their two cents.

I was looking at finnez and they are offering the 48" monster Ray and a 48" sting ray for 150. Basically buy one get one free. Combined they're about 50 PAR at 18" in my 55 but I don't think I like the look of those combined. And I was worried a single planted fugeray at 48 par would be too much for a single light on a low tech tank and not enough coverage. So I was looking at the aquatic life edge led, it has the built in time and lunar lights as well as RGB leds at half wat not one wat Leds but the rep emailed back and said they have 55 par at 18". I could always get the finnex and put it on a timer but idk ah decisions decisions. But yes I have shyed away from the marineland it's over priced deff better options

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Are you looking at growing plants? A single Finnex Ray 2 will suffice for low-light plants and have good coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A single Ray 2 has like 70 par.. That's high light?.. I was told 30ish low 30-50 medium 50+ high

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom