Mebbid's high tech 40b journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe try a log cave for him. When I had one it loved hanging out in a fake hollow log

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He's got a pretty good cave with that driftwood I put in the tank :( I don't know if anything will calm him down.

Got the plants that brookster sent today and I have to say, they look fantastic. I also changed the flow a little so my Aponogeton Ulvaceus would stand up a little better. I am getting happier with this tank every day :)

jB75bC2.jpg

Hopefully those hygros I have hidden behind the driftwood finally start growing. It's been strange, they haven't hardly grown at all since I pulled them out of the 55g. They used to be my fastest growing plant.

Got the plants that brookster sent today and I have to say, they look fantastic. I also changed the flow a little so my Aponogeton Ulvaceus would stand up a little better. I am getting happier with this tank every day :)

jB75bC2.jpg

Hopefully those hygros I have hidden behind the driftwood finally start growing. It's been strange, they haven't hardly grown at all since I pulled them out of the 55g. They used to be my fastest growing plant.

Good progress! I think it will look even better when it fills in.

I picked this up for my tank and it arrived yesterday, I haven't had time to plug it in because the back to back 12 hour shifts at the hospital are killer :) I haven't even seen the lights on in any of my tanks for 3 days :blink:

UlJiGJ4.jpg

I was also kind of sad, I found this nerite snail I've had for years dried up on the floor. But I threw him back in the tank and he's fine again so I guess he didn't dry out too much.

w4XccC4.jpg

His shell is like a timeline of my tanks. It changes every time the tank does :D

Mebbid, looking great! May I suggest some open foreground to give it some contrast. Depth I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mebbid, looking great! May I suggest some open foreground to give it some contrast. Depth I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! :) im thinking of replacing some of my crypts with a carpet of star repens. Either that or some other carpeting plant.

Also, im trying (failing) to get some plantsbin the back left to grow. They just arent growing at all which is weird.

Thanks! :) im thinking of replacing some of my crypts with a carpet of star repens. Either that or some other carpeting plant.

Also, im trying (failing) to get some plantsbin the back left to grow. They just arent growing at all which is weird.

Downoi and Dwarf Hairgrass could be other options. Maybe even Lobelia cardinalis too.

Stars!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1433173273973.jpg
    1433173273973.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom