Medium to High Plant Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcherry

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've kept aquariums for a long time with a couple of slowly failing plants. I want to finally do it right. I plan on setting up a 55g medium to high light planted tank with CO2 injection. I'll be stocking dwarf new world cichlids so I'll have soft neutral to slightly acidic water.
Does anyone have any suggestions for some real nice plants? And maybe some with color or something interesting or different? I've never done plants properly so I need a little help to get into it, it's an intimidating world

I'm more into low/med plants, no co2. If you go to plantgeek.net you'll find a good database on most every plant for aquariums and a list of plants that don't belong in water (non-aqauatics).

I'm a fan of alternanthera reineckii AKA telanthera rosefolia. It's a relatively easy medium to high-light plant that turns blood red to magenta under good conditions. It's a good background plant. There's pictures of my high-light tank in the LED thread in my signature. I've got some telanthera in there, as well as some other unusually colored plants.

Back
Top Bottom