Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-21-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Melon sword

Over a year ago I purchased a melon sword, it had tall green leaves with long shoots as well as shorter red leaves on the bottom. It quickly lost the tall green leaves and since then they have not grown back, only the red leaves grow now. Does anyone know why this is and what I can do to get the green leaves to grow back?

Old 02-21-2018, 01:35 PM   #2
ZxC
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The green leaves were likely emmersed growth. It's impossible for a sword to grow back lost leaves, they only produce new leaves through the center. To get the best from swords, feed them.... a lot and often, usually they are the first plants to start showing signs of hunger.... Root tab additions as well as water column dosing is likely needed for them to thrive and grow large leaves.

If it were easy we wouldn't be here
ZxC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sword

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com