Melting staurogyne repens?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prediscus23

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just planted staurogyne Repens 4 days ago and they're already melting, can someone tell me why?

Attachments

• image-1503747870.jpg
    image-1503747870.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 176
Are they from the package or from submerged in an aquarium. Sometimes fish store buys them not submerged growth.

It takes some time to establish.

Also how is your light, temp, ferts usage?

Are they from the package or from submerged in an aquarium. Sometimes fish store buys them not submerged growth.

It takes some time to establish.

Also how is your light, temp, ferts usage?

They are store bought. This is the first time that I've bought plants like that. I keep a warm tank, 78-80 degrees. I have 4x54 t5ho in a 55 gal. I dose excel once a day and comp every other day.

I would try to raise nitrates at the very least. What is your light?

I bought the submersed version of star repens and had absolutely no issue with die back from putting them in my tank.

Yeah I just got mine two weeks ago and they're growing great. Btw you shouldn't have 0 nitrates unless your tank looks like Rivercats, and even she doesn't get 0's. Check your test again, make sure your shaking second solution really well each time you use it otherwise it gives false readings.

Yeah I just got mine two weeks ago and they're growing great. Btw you shouldn't have 0 nitrates unless your tank looks like Rivercats, and even she doesn't get 0's. Check your test again, make sure your shaking second solution really well each time you use it otherwise it gives false readings.

I just set my tank up a few days ago.... No nitrates is kind of normal.

How do you raise nitrates?

Either calcium nitrate or potassium nitrate

Oh well then yes but you should not be zero ammonia an nitrite then. Something doesn't add up

Take a look at a silent start cycle. The plants use the ammonia as fertilizer so it's not uncommon for a cycled well planted tank to bottom out on ammonia.

Either calcium nitrate or potassium nitrate

Take a look at a silent start cycle. The plants use the ammonia as fertilizer so it's not uncommon for a cycled well planted tank to bottom out on ammonia.

I understand that but he stated he just set up the tank so I can't see ammonia disappearing that fast. And even if it was cycled you'd still see some nitrate. But he hasn't mentioned fish either so where's the source of the ammonia to initiate the cycle?

Back
Top Bottom