Metricide 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarkm

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just curious if there is a preferred method to dosing metricide 14. Diluted or straight from the bottle ? I don't really want to mess around with diluting it.

Some people chose to dilute it. But I do not. I dose 5ml in my 20g every day. Start off with smaller amounts then as things in the tank start to get acclimated to the metricide (between 5-8 days) you can dose a little more.

Some people chose to dilute it. But I do not. I dose 5ml in my 20g every day. Start off with smaller amounts then as things in the tank start to get acclimated to the metricide (between 5-8 days) you can dose a little more.
I just started using it myself and choose to dilute it. This was on the advice of Old Scales, as he said, less likely to cause problems if overdosed. It's a personal preference though.....

I have been dosing 15 ml excell for a few months now. My tank is 58 gallons. How much metricide should I start at ?

I have been dosing 15 ml excell for a few months now. My tank is 58 gallons. How much metricide should I start at ?
As I said, I'm new to this stuff and was using a different product to excel before this but I believe if dosed straight, it's double the strength of excel. I maybe wrong and someone please correct me if so.....Please wait until someone gives you a more definite answer!!!

I dilute glut with DI water (250 mL each), pour it back into the original 500 mL Excel bottle and dose it as I would with Excel.

Back
Top Bottom