Michigan People ~ Fish store recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any good fish store recommendations for southeast Michigan? I am new to this and already not having good luck with the lfs that I chose.

Try Fish Doctor's. There is one in Ypsilanti and one in Plymouth/Canton. You can visit them online at: www.fishdoctors.com They don't have a huge variety, but the people are great and really helpful. They also know what they're doing and the prices are reasonable. Plus, the fish from there are usually in good health and they also give you a good deal on trade-ins. Another store to check out is AquaTec in Ann Arbor (on Packard Rd.) They have a huge variety of fish and they're also pretty knowledgable, but the prices are outrageous. (3.99 for a neon! :eek: ) So try Fish Doctor's first but if you're looking for something bizarre, chances are Aquatec will have it. Which lfs are you currently going to? These are the two that I have had the most luck with...

I went to Pet Station in Dearborn Heights. Have you heard of Jan's Tropical Fish in Dearborn Heights? Thinking of trying there next but will also check into Fish Doctors. I won't be buying more fish until I can get rid of the Ick that I got. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom