micro sword

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well i have a micro sword in a pot and ive read that it is a ground cover plant how can i get it to cover the ground? tank it outta the pot and see what happens or what?

Basically. Make sure your substrate is ok for that plant (nurishment) and WAIT. It takes many moons for it to grow in thick.

I am also growing a carpet plant! Just got it a week ago! was supposed to be not sellable, but then i noticed it had floated to the surface and was covered with baby snails. SOOOO, i removed the snails, bleachdipped it (very weak) and rinsed it in tap water, and then planted it. I think i see the FIRST little new grass creeping up from a tendril that shot off.

I can't wait untill it grows up! :D (posting pictures in a few minutes)

depends how small. If it snakes along on its own, It'll be fine. I have eco complete mixed with some brown generic big-al's stuff. If its aquarium gravel, it should be fine.

Let us stumble into this together, lol

The picture of what i have was just approved, check it out in my gallery. Is this what you have?

yup thats it bought it potted from petland some time back around 1 month and it is still living ima try and depot it 2maro and see what it does thanks for ur help

so yes also i read online that they need some iron fert to help aid the groundcoverness so ill try and find some fert with that in it if not ill see whatevfer my lfs has that will help

Don't Overdose on iron. It'll hurt your fish.
You have to dose for a certian PPM, but you'll need to do more frequent water changes to keep it in check. Most plant ferts have trace amounts of iron (chelated???) thats usally good enough. I know a general rule of thumb is a darker leaf contains more iron.
Donno if that means anything for aquatic plants!

HTH

alot of my plants have some brown resadue on em idk what that is but i want to get some fert to help it and what ppm of what do i need. i got a new liquid test kit for xmas so i can test my water more accurately now so if u can tell me what type of ppm thatll help and since ima get some excel ill get their site

thanks

Some excel florish may help. *looks around hoping someone reads this to put in there 2 cents in*

Plants basically need: CO2, Food, and light. If you have 2 of the three (food and light) Algae will grow more efficently than plants. Flourish Excel Has Organic carbon, so the plants can get it from that, instead of injecting CO2... However, its nice to do both.

How do i know this? i picked up a bottle of it the other day at my LFS. ;)

Anywho, Algae is almost unavoidable. Just hope it isn't black, or uncontrollable. You WILL eventually need to trim your plants, or they'll look ugly (and rot)

HTH!

Back
Top Bottom