Micro Sword (Lilaeopsis) melted.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alkane

Aquarium Advice Freak
I ordered some micro sword and it came in today looking pretty melted.

I removed all of the fibrous potting material and cleaned off the rotting goo as best I could.

I separated grass stands (even though they looked pretty puny and light green/yellow). The roots actually looked decent. I planted them because I hate to waste money.

Is this normal when shipping this type of plant and will they grow?

Thanks

They might have gone through some extreme weather changes if they came from far away. Keep on eye on their progress while they are planted.

Is this Brazilian micro sword? If any "crowns" where new growth would come out look even slightly healthy they might have a chance.

Not sure of the species I am hoping it is Brazilian, but i suspect it is novae-zelandiae.

It is responding well to the light and seems to have turned a bit more green.

img_1807875_0_bb1f445a4b80c6d4cd568fb1f0fdf842.jpg

img_1807875_1_5f5a5f72738806fe7e27a598201717c3.jpg

Well it seems to be recovering nicely.

Oops there is a piece of moss caught in the leaves.

img_1819730_0_4ee552d6be3df78b0b373d012e11fa31.jpg

I won it on Ebay for $6 with shipping, I'm on a poor college student budget, only have chain LFS' around, I'd rather not ask people for handouts, and to be honest I didn't realize it was coming all the way from Poland.

Do they have a wood like nob for roots? I have an unidentified plant in my tank similar to that one. Mine is red even though my tank is like mediumish light.

Alkane said:
I won it on Ebay for $6 with shipping, I'm on a poor college student budget, only have chain LFS' around, I'd rather not ask people for handouts, and to be honest I didn't realize it was coming all the way from Poland.

I totally understand the college budget lol!! Im still paying my degree off. Chambers on aquabid sells it around 5-6 bucks and it comes from Florida lil heads up for next time.

ahhh nice! I check out aquabid for sure, may get some more to help it fill in. It's funny I look for fish on aquabid but haven't thought about plants. :facepalm:

I've been looking for a pair of Apistos for about a month now. I found one LFS that said they would 'try" to order them, but haven't heard back in 3 weeks. Ordering online from most places would be at least $50. Got any suggestions?

Alkane said:
ahhh nice! I check out aquabid for sure, may get some more to help it fill in. It's funny I look for fish on aquabid but haven't thought about plants. :facepalm:

I've been looking for a pair of Apistos for about a month now. I found one LFS that said they would 'try" to order them, but haven't heard back in 3 weeks. Ordering online from most places would be at least $50. Got any suggestions?

I get all of mine from a guy here in Pennsylvania he has wild caught stock, I can see if he ships to your state if you want me too. I also have tons of fry of different species but I always stop shipping till the weather gets better usually start of may I resume shipping fish so we can work something out than. I'm cautious with apistos in the winter I ship only to states near mine further in the spring. I also have some nice black chins and rotopunk apistos I brought back with me on a collection trip the fry are f3 now and looking good. Also wetspot on aquabid I've bought apistos from he is pricy but has excellent fish.

Word. I'm looking for a pair of double or triple red cacatuoides. I'm new to the dwarf cichlid world so I'm not familiar with a lot of the breeds. I assume my LFS will charge 10-15 per fish, so I would be willing to pay $30-40 with shipping.

I live in NC.

Do they have a wood like nob for roots? I have an unidentified plant in my tank similar to that one. Mine is red even though my tank is like mediumish light.

They send out runners kind of like the picture below. No I wouldn't say they had wood like roots.

lilaeopsis-K.jpg

I was born in Gastonia NC lived in Charlotte most of my life. I went to unc go tarheels! Love my panthers too! Yeah we can work something out I have orange flash cacatouides no triple reds. I have single reds though or wild stock. My brother still lives in Charlotte and breeds apistos I'll find out what he's got maybe we can go that route too.

lol, I'm from Burlington. Charlotte is a fun city. I've spent the past 8 years in Boone and Asheville, love it up there and can't wait to get back. Living in Winston at the moment.

That would be great, I really appreciate it. I'm not really picky on breeds, still learning about all the varieties. From what I have read most have nice colors and personality.

Winston isn't bad either. I miss living down there because I used to go around on local fish expeditions and collect blue shiners, mosquito livebearers, darters, and various plants all for my aquariums. We have darters up here but way more smaller natives in the carolina's. I'll let you know if my brother can work something out with ya.

Back
Top Bottom