Milwaukee reg question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliffz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Guys,
Anyone ever modify the Milwaukee MA957 regulator and take the bubble counter off it? I dont like having to go under and in my tank cabinet to view the bubble counter. I want to take it off, and run the CO2 line to a remote bubble counter on side of tank (Red Sea bubble counter? )

I guess I can leave the existing bubble counter empty and run a line to an external counter? I would rather take the one off the requlator and do it right. I can use the same needle valve?
Thanks

I never modified or used a Milwaukee regulator, so I can't comment on that part of your question. However, it has been recommended to have the needle valve as close to the bubble counter as possible in order to achieve the most accurate bubble count. I originally had problems keeping the CO2 bubbling regularly until I moved the bubble counter to less than 4 inches after my needle valve. Now my count is accurate and steady/regular.

YMMV

I would highly recommend leaving it attached, even if it's dry.. Removing parts can make for some problems (not to mention that the outlet is the bubble counter)..

Back
Top Bottom