milwaukee regulator with ph controller question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timwag2001

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so is the ph probe completely or partially submergable? how is it attached in your tank, suction cups?

Completely submersible and, yes, held on with suction cups.
If you're buying a used one, be prepared to buy a new probe. They do wear out after a couple of years and give the wrong pH reading.

awesome! thanks!
Got mine brand new from ebay. regulator and ph controller for something like $190

Good for you.
Now the fun comes. Soon you'll want a co2 set up, then you'll want lights, then you'll want more plants, then you'll want more tanks......

Are you sure you want a pH controller?

i bought the regulator and ph controller for $180. i had my co2 tank filled at the paintball store. i have 2.5 watts per gallon. i have a tank full of plants. all i need now is to get rid of my emperor 400 and get a new filter

Tim, did your yellow electrode come crusted over with that salt solution? I'm not sure what chemical they use and I'm hoping I can just rinse this thing out with tap water and be fine. Then use those buffer packets they give out to callibrate right?

yeah it had the salty stuff on it.

try to find the instructions online somewhere. i cant remember what the deal is but i dont think you're supposed to use the slope.

I have the directions. They are just a little too vague for me. Or maybe I'm just nervous and want more details. haha. They say to calibrate the SLOPE to 4 on the instructions that came with it. Unless there are special aquarium guidelines that are different.

i think there is something about it. do some research for the directions before you set it up

I only calibrated my probe to 7.0. The buffer (calibration) solution says 7.01 but your meter will just say 7.0. I remember that a separate enclosure in the directions (don't have them in front of me now) said you don't have to calibrate the low pH.

I rinsed my salty residue off in a plastic cup of distilled water. I didn't use suction cups to hold my probe in the tank, although you could. I just used the plastic strip on the glass top to hold the black cord in place.

If you're buying a used one, be prepared to buy a new probe. They do wear out after a couple of years and give the wrong pH reading.

The more often you re calibrate it, the shorter the life of the probe. If your water parameters are stable you shouldn't have to re calibrate it more than once a year or so. If you move the probe to different tanks, you should re calibrate it for each tank.

Back
Top Bottom