Mixing real and fake plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spongebob69

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone here ever mix real and fake plants? I want to start a low-light planted tank but would also like some of the colour of high-light red plants so I was thinking of using fake red plants. Any thoughts?

I personally see no problem with that. I mixed real and fake plants when I first started using real plants in my 10 gallon. Now I have all real, but when I had fake and real, there was never a problem. Just make sure if you upgrade your lighting, you have enough real plants to use that light, or else, the algae will use it...

sometimes when you mix them, the fake plants look really fake...but other than visual appearance, there's no problem doing this.

Yeah, depends on the brand of fake plants, I suppose. Some are more realistic (and $$$) than others.

Personally, I've always preferred real plants, and think you can get some really great low light plants. Your prerogative, though!

My aunt has some mixed ones, but i have a fully planted tank. Mine is a 7 gal, hers is a 20 gal. Trust me, mine is a ton nicer. Go all real.

Back
Top Bottom