More java fern added (aquascape attempt) help ?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hassan.afzal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi guys

so I got more Java fern i added them in the back

my question do they look nice ? or does it just look like a mess ?

I dont wana throw the java away (if you guys think it doesnt look nice )
how could I improve it ?

and any plant that could come infront of the anubias stems the stems look rather ugly :banghead:

any other suggestions please feel free to drop it (except the spelling mistakes if any lol :whistle:)

Attachments

• IMAG0719.jpg
    IMAG0719.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 239
IMO the Java ferns look fine. Their verticle leaves offset the shape of the anubia's. The anubia's look fine, not sure what ugly stems on the anubia your referring to... they look fine. I think if you try to put another type plant in front of the anubia the scape is going to start looking off balance.

any other plants that i should add ?

other then vals on the left corner ?
need easy plants

You need some nice crypts in there :) cryptocoryne X willisii 'lucens' would be spectacular. Not sure what kind of lighting you have but echinodorus parviflorus 'tropica' is a nice sword to have but needs moderate lighting. Hygrophilia polysperma is a great midground filler plant. I've heard mixed answers on lighting requirements for that one but I'm pretty sure it grows just fine in low light. Very easy to care for. If you like regular java ferns, you have to get some of the lace variety, aka microsorum pteropus 'windelov'. They're awesome :) now idk how you feel about mosses, but I say skip the java moss and go for the Christmas or willow moss if you can. I like the look of it better.

Try adding Corkscrew Val. It doesn't grow near so tall and the twisted leaves are a nice touch. If you adding to the rest of the tank you need some type of stem plants. Right now you have all rosette type plants. If you go with Crypts try getting a type that has some color other than green, like Crypt Wendtii Red 'Mi Oya' or Crypt wendtii 'Florida Sunset'. There is also Crypt Parva which is very small (2") which you can use in your forground. For a verticle moss (one that grows upwards) you can use Flame moss.

I like the uneven scape! I've actually done uneven on my 29g as I wait for things to grow in.

Only thing I would suggest is get some Moss or carpeting plants to cover the rest of the ground to the right of the tank. Perhaps do as Rivercats said and put a few Corkscrew Val in the back right just for a little balance. When a carpet of Moss grows in, I think it would look stunning with that kind of set up.

Wow, the dw and jave ferns look awesome! Thats a great looking tank!

will be adding vallis on the left

what kind of vallis should i order? dont the twisted ones look kinda fake ?
i dont want them to be too tall dont want them going side ways ..

What type of moss is bright green ? or should i try riccia ( is that a high light plant ?)

got DIY co2 and 1.4wpg t8 (im assuming that quiet low?)

Corkscrew Val doesn't look fake, if it did I wouldn't have it in my 220g. It is also one of the shorter growing val's. Riccia is a high to very high light plant. Mosses do fine in lower light.

Back
Top Bottom