Moss balls???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeysdiscus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so what's the deal with these moss balls always wanted to try them and today remembered to pick them up! Haha I got three around five inches each. I was just wondering if you guys had any info you would like to share with me I've heard there real good with keeping nitrites, nitrates and ammonia down and as I've got a baby on the way any help with that is very much appreciated :)

I have one that grew to the size of a softball. Originally got it the size of a small lime. Make sure you "roll" it a couple of times or it could start to "fall apart". I had it resting on some d.w. and when I moved it to a diffrent part of the tank I noticed it had grown to the d.w. easy to care for. I've seen some people use a couple of moss balls in a beta bowl and they grew(slowly).

They should float after you squeeze out some water but then sink later in a day or two. If it doesn't sink at all then you probably have a styrofoam ball wrapped in moss and not an actual moss ball.

That's odd. I got mine from petsmart too they floated initially but in about a day and a half they sunk.

I just bought a moss ball how do I put it in ?
And can it have snails on it?

Rinse it off first. Just put it in some water and give it a light squish to get the old water out and put it in your tank. If you got out a lot of water it will float for a day or so and eventually sink. Once a month I roll mine over and shake it a little to get rid of all the debris it catches.

Back
Top Bottom