Moss balls!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmay33

Aquarium Advice Addict
Exactly how lowlight are marimo mossballs? I have a 1.5 gallon betta set up and I think some moss balls would be beneficial, but it only has some cheap stock LEDs in it. Wondering if maybe they'd survive and grow?

Cool! What about java fern? I have other planted tanks, so I can dose if needed.

Thanks. They'll like that a lot better than plastic plants. I always worry that they are going to rip their tails on them.

Nice. I'm starting to go heavy on the marimo. My attempt at a low tech carpeting effect.

From my understanding these babies take care of themselves and suck up all your nitrates.

If you don't have much lighting on them, don't expect them to do much. Just like other plants (algaes), they use nutrients in a proportion relative to how much light they receive. That said, they still seem to do just fine in very basic lighting.

They are the easiest plant I have ever owned. Low light, high light, basically these are very hardy and can only be beneficial for your tank

First time I got one I thought the shape was just the way they came and you could reshape them as required. So I tore into it and ended up butterflying it to stretch it out. When I found out they were meant to be spherical I felt a bit foolish but was surprised it was still alive. Bloody indestructible. Haha.

Got 6 in the community tank now and going to pick up another 8 over the weekend. Some for the shrimp tank and some for the community.

Probably my favourite plant (well algae).

Dont forget to give them a roll now and then, so that the same part isn't always sitting on the bottom....move it around a bit

Back
Top Bottom