Moving? Great time to set up a tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude...sweet setup and i LOVE those apistos!

Btw, are those two IKEA Expedit side tables you're using for a stand?

That's a jungle in that tank! Where did you put the downoi?

The Downoi are currently chilling in the 20g long. Pictured is the 29g! And yeah...I let it kinda get away from me. Ooooops. The Pennywort took off on me! The Downoi will be going in the new 40g long with the Apistos and that Ray2 that is pictured :)

Dude...sweet setup and i LOVE those apistos!

Btw, are those two IKEA Expedit side tables you're using for a stand?

Hahahaha yes. Those are IKEA tables. Every day I come home and make sure it hasn't broken :)

Yeah I love my Apistos :) I'll be getting A. elizabethae! I'll be creating a thread for this build. It's going to be a dual Apisto tank with elizabethae and agasizzii tefe pearl blue. I'll be putting a divider up just to ensure the safety of them :)

Wow... You are certainly brave to use those ikea tables! I use an ikea expedit bookcase as a stand for my 9g... I'd be too scared to use it for anything larger than 15g! Haha

I'm going to look up those apisto species. Are you going to start breeding them? I really want to get those red flame ones.. Like this here, if i can ever find them! Lol

Wow... You are certainly brave to use those ikea tables! I use an ikea expedit bookcase as a stand for my 9g... I'd be too scared to use it for anything larger than 15g! Haha

I'm going to look up those apisto species. Are you going to start breeding them? I really want to get those red flame ones.. Like this here, if i can ever find them! Lol

Yeah...when I first put those tables together I thought nothing about it. As the months went on I got more and more weary! But it's kept that 29g up for about a year now! Won't do it again mind you...

I plan on breeding them. I have an agasizzii tefe pearl blue trio and an elizabethae pair. The breeder of the elizabethae said he was successful getting them to spawn by using RO water mixed in...so it looks like I may go that route.

Those Apistos are beautiful :) I've always enjoyed them but could never find them myself. They appear on Aquabid every once in a good while haha

Was going to make a build thread for the 40. But my elizabethae were DOA. USPS guaranteed to deliver by 3pm yesterday. They didn't come in until today with 3 out of 4 fish dead.

Oh that's terrible news. Sorry to hear the poor apistos died. How's the one survivor looking? And is there a DOA guarantee?

Was going to make a build thread for the 40. But my elizabethae were DOA. USPS guaranteed to deliver by 3pm yesterday. They didn't come in until today with 3 out of 4 fish dead.

You know I understand USPS handles billions of mail daily but I swear over the past 12 months I am seeing the Priority handling slipping a lot. Priority is actually a 2-4 day service so you don't necessarily get it in 2 days but what I'm finding is often times packages aren't scanned into the system or they stop getting scanned and you can't track them to see when they are arriving. This heat is bad now. I had to send plants to a friend on here Monday and I boxed them in a slightly bigger than the 6x7x7 USPS box what holds a cooler and ice pack and sent it two day guaranteed with UPS for $12.35. Yes it was double the price of USPS for that size box but IMO the extra money was well worth it for the plants to arrive on time and alive, especially the type of plants I sent. Sometimes spending a little more money is worth it IMO, if that option is even available.

Sorry about your fish Adam, it just sucks all the way around!

The whole situation sucked for 3 main reasons:

1. Fish were guaranteed to be here by 3pm yesterday...they would have been alive then most likely as the shipped midday Saturday.

2. Fish were drop dead gorgeous. The lone female, although still stressed is very beautiful and the dead males (ordered 2 pair, one for me one for my friend) had vivid reds and purples even through death.

3. There was a DOA policy, but these were his last elizabethae pairs...so all I got in return was the money back...

:( it happens.

Back
Top Bottom