Mumma's 8g riparium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mumma.of.two

Aquarium Advice Obsessed
About 6 months ago I saw a picture of a riparium and fell in love. I've been waiting to have a suitable tank and finally my 8g rimless is empty! I bought the plants about 6 weeks ago and have had them growing in a tub, roots submerged. They have been doing well. Plants include peace lilly, syngonium, mondo grass (from my garden), agapanthus (from my garden), sunset hygro and java moss. Yesterday I trimmed the roots and transplanted them to the DIY planters. I used shower caddies from the dollar store.

image-3764934765.jpg

image-3071010222.jpg

I used PFS as substrate and eucalyptus sticks from my garden. I'm using a clip on desk lamp with a cfl.

image-890502648.jpg

image-3630979945.jpg

image-151865839.jpg

image-2096099479.jpg

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. :)

Austin.b said:
Nice!! I love it! What are your stocking ideas? If any haha

Thank you. I would love to have some sparkling gouramis in there but my one of my bettas is crying out for a new home. He's been in a 2.5g for months.
Scouser said:
Looking very good, would definitely like to try this if I get a spare tank lol.

The lamp is a nice touch too :)

Thanks. :)

Shower caddies, awesome idea, very inspired. Tank looks Wikid can't wait to see its progress. :)

Went to my LFS today and found this guy all by himself in a tetra tank. I've given them my number so when they get more they are going to contact me. Looks like the decision what to stock with has been made. :)

image-2029604122.jpg

image-358339984.jpg

image-1232522268.jpg

Aw! I just rescued a spark from a guppy tank yesterday.

Your tank looks awesome and the shower caddy is a great idea. I am so jealous of having a riparium!

Mumma.of.two said:
About 6 months ago I saw a picture of a riparium and fell in love. I've been waiting to have a suitable tank and finally my 8g rimless is empty! I bought the plants about 6 weeks ago and have had them growing in a tub, roots submerged. They have been doing well. Plants include peace lilly, syngonium, mondo grass (from my garden), agapanthus (from my garden), sunset hygro and java moss. Yesterday I trimmed the roots and transplanted them to the DIY planters. I used shower caddies from the dollar store.

I used PFS as substrate and eucalyptus sticks from my garden. I'm using a clip on desk lamp with a cfl.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. :)

Very cool mumma!!

So, could explain what a riparium is for me?

What happened to yours?

My riparium? I started it and then classes started back. Put too much effort into my gecko cages and lost track of the vacation. I think I'm just going to strip it and start over with a Great Stuff rock background so that it will be lighter. I did a full real-rock background and the tank weighs way too much.

Very cool mumma!!

Basically mocks a river bank. So, a paludarium without a true land surface. There are different ways of pulling it off, the minimalistic way, like what Mumma is doing or all the way to putting in a mock-river bank. It's pretty up to interpretation from what I've seen.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Basically mocks a river bank. So, a paludarium without a true land surface. There are different ways of pulling it off, the minimalistic way, like what Mumma is doing or all the way to putting in a mock-river bank. It's pretty up to interpretation from what I've seen.

So plants growing out ofthe water, and many river rocks with native nano fish?
No land right? Mumma, if anyone, can pull this off;) lol

Yep, like bog plants growing along the back. Some people will even do aquatic plants in the water section too. And you will find people making like a stretch of "land" going across the surface that makes it look like an island. There really are just way too many ideas for this sort of a vivarium.

I agree. She can keep her head together and pull this off. I failed, so I will live through her on this. haha

TheCrazyFishLady said:
My riparium? I started it and then classes started back. Put too much effort into my gecko cages and lost track of the vacation. I think I'm just going to strip it and start over with a Great Stuff rock background so that it will be lighter. I did a full real-rock background and the tank weighs way too much.

Wow, full rock. Can imagine it would be heavy! I don't have that much motivation. Lol.
Gboy66 said:
Very cool mumma!!

Thanks.
What she said ^^^ lol.

Back
Top Bottom